Monday, November 10, 2008

The start of it all

So I figured my first post for this blog should be about why I decided to start a blog in the first place.

The name of my blog, Lindy Likes It, is pretty much self explanatory. But to add more words to this post I'll elaborate.
Well one day my significant other whom I shall call Bubba, (Some may already know why I call her that and for those who don't, maybe one day I'll share the story behind it in a blog posting) said I should start a blog because people always come to me to ask me about my opinions on a variety of things. I tell her ok and think to myself, "maybe this could be my new thing?". So I began the process to sign up for a new blog. Bubba and I were discussing what the name of the blog should be. After a few mins of discussion I decided on Lindy Likes It because really this blog is about things I like, so there you have it.

I like a lot of things. I find things interesting because I think its funny, weird or off the wall, absolutely ridiculous or just because it catches my attention.

I dabble in a few things that I guess I could call hobbies from time to time, such as electronics (computers, gadgets, etc.), photography, videography, graphic design. Some of my other likes are music (various genres, I go through stages), dogs (especially the Pembroke Welsh Corgi breed, I just got one not too long ago), martial arts, movies, and other things that don't come to mind right now.

But all in all...I love technology. I love things that make our day to day lives easier. Some say its because I'm lazy but I will never concede to that remark. I think of myself as a person who likes to be efficient. I don't like taking extra steps if I don't need to. Life is short, why make things harder on yourself when you don't need to? I don't have time for that. I think technology fills that need to be efficient.
How would the world be without computers, cell phones, all in one remotes, cheese in a can? Ok, the world would still be the same without the cheese whiz but still. The little things that make our lives a little bit easier can go a long way.

So more to come on what I like. Hopefully this journey will be a fun one and I hope lots of people come to join me on the ride. If not, then I guess it'll be just me myself and I. 3 of my favorite people.


Cheers to efficiency!


Lindy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sweet...I love technology too...TRANSLATION: "I'm lazy too."